Saturday, October 10, 2009

What Should Have Happened


Still 13 lbs ahead of schedule. Bounced back up after the two weeks of the sponsor visit and the Joel trip. Yesterday I deserved to be sent to nutrition hell. I was surrounded by snack food in the morning that had been brought in for the TAV meeting. I resisted every bit of it. I really wanted it, but I resisted. But when I let my students cook as a reward for their cooperation with me during the TAV event, I had to sample the muffins. I ate one and that started it.

I was like an alcoholic. I ate one and I just allowed myself to eat more. They were certainly good, but I have no idea how many I ate of those cupcake sized muffins. Then Denise's class cooked a birthday cake for one of her students. I had two pieces of that (my student's muffins were better, so I ate a lot more of those). I let the afternoon class cook brownies and I ate some of that, too. That stuff had Crisco and oil in them. That's killer stuff.

I felt so badly for eating like that during the day that I wouldn't allow myself to eat anything else for the rest of the day. Judy was still a bit sick and I catered to her some. She wanted donuts and I went and got her some - six. I didn't eat any of them. Frustrating! How can I be so strong at home when I was so weak at school?

What are some options I could have utilized to keep from eating like a fool.

1. I could have told someone. I simply could have said to Denise or Robert "I want to eat. I don't just want a muffin; I want the muffins. Watch me to make sure I don't."

2. I had good food there I could have eaten instead. I could have eaten nuts. I could have eaten a salad and let that satisfy my herding instinct.

3. Think of different foods to have the students cook that is healthier. We could have done microwave popcorn. I could come up with a healthier (less nutritionally disastrous) oatmeal cookie recipie.

I think I'll work on number 3. That helps me and the students.

Back on track now. Here I come 172.

No comments:

Post a Comment