Saturday, October 10, 2009

Developing a Strategy for Success

Last year I would go to the gym early in the morning before heading to work. I would prepare my gym bag at night and have everything ready for me to get out of bed and head to the gym at 4:30 or earlier. It worked well. I walked out with my workout clothes on and my change of clothes in the bag and my lunch packed. I would even have something for breakfast, like a granola bar or the like. It worked.

Now I'm having to go into school early and that's cutting into the time that I would be getting up and going to the gym. I'm getting there after school. I take my gym clothes with me to school and change into them after the last bell. Then I head to Peak and get in a very good HIIT session.

The problem is getting my weight resistance in. And the best time would be the first thing in the morning. The conflicts are not getting up early enough, being concerned about the amount of noise it makes for my downstairs neighbors and the fact that I really like to take it easy in the morning and wake up slow.

So, to get the resistance in first thing I'm planning on using my strategy from last year. Before I go to bed I'll make sure that everything is ready for me to start Power 90 when I first get up. I'll make sure that my clothes are ready, that my water and towel are ready and that the disk is in the machine. I may even see if I can learn how to get the 'puter to start itself and be waiting on me.

So I'll put this strategy got work this next week and see if I can't be consistent about getting Power 90 done on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment