Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday Surprise

Yesterday's weight was 184 and today's was 182. That weigh in came after my workout and a shower. I didn't expect to see anything else this week. This one might bounce back up before the weekend is out.

Basic eating has been clean. I ate a brownie some of the students had cooked, but just one. It couldn't do that much damage, and by the weight loss, it doesn't appear to have done any at all.

I finished up a worksheet to use with my workouts so that I can keep a record of my progress while I'm dong the DVD workouts. I"ll do it a few days before I come up with a baseline.

I'm planning to go to be with my parents during an upcoming surgery. This will mean a few days on the road and away from home. Keeping up with my daily routines will be a challenge, but I'm committing to doing them.

I've been really slow about getting busy today. I've worked on several 'puter projects and now I'm about to go to the gym and do HIITs. Then off to work for a couple of hours.

Vince Delmonte of No Nonsense Muscle Building (http://www.vincedelmontefitness.com/) has the info in one of his recent emails that 1 lb of muscle burns 50 calories a day. Add 10 lbs of muscle and that's an additional 500 calories to work with every day. I've done great on the nutrition end. It has become part of my lifestyle. I may climb down off the wagon from time to time, but I realize this is not just a temporary diet. I've seen what happens when I stop watcing nutrition and give in to eating without thinking: my weight goes up incredibly fast.

I'll be starting P90X soon. I'm not as progressed as I had hoped to be with body strenght, but its time to get going with X. I expect to see some good muscle mass buildup from using X.

Well, time to get up and finish this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment