Saturday, October 10, 2009

Necessity of Weight Resistance

In the three front approach to fat loss there is an important symbiotic relationship. Diet is the most important. You simply cannot out exercise bad nutrition. Cardio (HIIT type) brings a focus to burning belly fat. There is also a specific role for resistance training. Calories deficits from reasonable eating can also result in loss of muscle tissue. It is resistance training that supports muscle maintenance. So to keep from losing muscle mass while dieting, weight resistance is essential.

I had thought that the HIIT might keep the muscle mass on me, but that definitely did not happen. During this time that the weight resistance (Power 90) has been iffy, I have definitly lost some upper body strength. HIIT did not help me maintain my upper body strength, though it obviously did not.

All three elements are necessay. Good nutrition is absolutely required for the fat to come off. I deal with it by eating no processed food and very little meat. I've not even bothered keeping close track of calories and the weight has come off. To be sure, I haven't over eaten, but that's the next point. HIIT helps to cut into appetite as well as give specific help with burn belly fat. And weight resistance builds muscle mass as well as keeps it from being attacked by the body as an energy source. HIIT helps promote the accumulation of lactate acid and that brings on the HGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment