Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sometimes the Sun Doesn't Shine

Nutrition was far less than good today. I had my super healthy omlette this morning and started fine. But I also cooked with my students today. We repurposed some leftovers from the freezer that came from a banquet we had in February. The dishes were casseroles that weren't particularly healthy to begin with, and by the time we added some ingredients to bump the fare up, it was really bad news. I don't want to explain everything, but let's say it involved a lot of marshmallows and Jiffy corn bread mix.

Of course I had to eat some. And the some more. And thar ended up spelling the end of restraint. I even ate barbecue baked chips. I haven't had those in ages. I could taste the heavy dose of sugar on those things.

I did do my Insanity plyometric cardio routine. It went really well. I went to walk, but the legs were hurting a bit too much.

So, where from here? First, "do your best, forget the rest" remains the order of the day. I plan to start a cleanse to drop kick my butt into ketosis and get backminto a steady fat burn. I'll make a stab at walking again in the morning ands get those 5 miles in. I'll use what was a bad day to push me to have a a string of great days. Sometimes the runner stumbles. But you get up and run again. May not have been the best day. But it's just a day. Carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment