Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Side Benefits to Shakeology and Almond Milk

I asked one of my clients who works in the building with me try the Sakeology with almond milk. She usually blends hers with fruit and water. Later in the day she came to se me to tell me that she thought another benefit was that the Shakeology was more filling. Her usual experience is that late in the afternoon she feels a little hungry and goes for a snack, usually of nuts. But today after having almond milk I her Shakeology she felt no need to snack to hold off her hunger until supper time.

I thought about that for just a moment and saw how it was entirely possible that a Shakeology user would feel more satisfied after having a shake made with almond milk. The additional nutrients in the almond milk could very well result in an enhanced sense of of satisfaction after eating. The body recognizes empty calories for what they are and will push us to eat to get the nutrients it needs. But if nutrients are high the body responds by not desiring as much food, even if the calories count is much lower.

So an added benefit to using almond milk with Shakeology is that enhanced sense of being nutritionally satisfied, and not being hungry or constantly craving snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment