Friday, January 1, 2010

Starting P90X

Good start today. West was 204. Imagine what it would have been if I hadn't been working on getting it under control before the holidays. I have some soreness in my right shoulder. I've tried thinking about when that would have happened, when I would have injured it. However, it there hasn't been anything. It started maybe around a couple of weeks before the Christmas break. At that point I had basically stopped doing any exercises. It may be that the soreness is due to lack of exercise, caused by my tendons tightening up. I'm taking the chondroitin and ibuprofen to help out. Its already better than it was a week ago.

The weight I picked up during the past three weeks is unreal. Staying with my parents a few days was particularly problematic. On the good side, I didn't eat until I was stuffed at every meal. But there was all this extra "stuff" lying around to be eaten. Mother makes some of the most incredible sweets imaginable. Everything is picture perfect and delicious. She can make these things and they don't bother her. She doesn't "want" them. Neither does Daddy. I want them constantly. I could eat her chocolate covered cookies one after another and not feel like I had eaten anything.

That "bottomless pit" syndrome is a problem that has to be addressed. And it seems that it is particularly pernicious in relation to sweets. I've already identified flour products as having an exaggerated effect on my tendency to put on fat. Sweets -- foods laden with sugar, fats and all sorts of health ruining extras -- seem to have the effect of negating any feeling of satiety. That makes recreational sweets a double danger.

Fortunately, I've started the push forward with P90X today. I will do two back to back rounds ending close July 11th, my youngest sons wedding. The first round will get me ready to really tear it up during the second round.

Well, here it goes. Two rounds. Clean nutrition. Focus on the goal: fat gone. 'Nuf said.

No comments:

Post a Comment