Monday, January 18, 2010

Eyes on the Prize

Having health related goals is important to the process of losing weight and becoming fit. And many people will gladly set goals. One of the challenges to successfully reaching our goals is keeping the goals in front of us. Many of the goal gurus suggest reading the goals on a daily basis or even more often than that. Here's an idea I use to keep my goals, deadlines, and progress in front of me. I use my bathroom mirror as a personal white board.

I use white board markers to write on my mirror. I write down my goals, my deadlines, and my current progress. I also do this to remind myself of things that are coming up that need to be taken care of in the next day or so. My mirror is like a page from my personal Daytimer or Day Runner.

Dry erase marker marks can just be easily wiped away with a tissue. Colors are available so that emphasis can be made where necessary. And every morning you look at yourself in the mirror, there are the goals and a visual reminder of who is responsible for reaching your goals - the man (or woman) in the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment