Monday, January 21, 2013

Here's a FaceBook post I made on the Upstate BeachBody Coaches page. Just thought it was important to keep myself honest here as well.




Feeling the need to do some confessing and making myself accountable. I don't know how many of the rest of you have found yourself in this place, but I've been struggling - and not well - with my motivation. Since last April when my shoulder problems first manifested i've had a hard time being that product of the product we're supposed to be. The shoulder really isn't a problem. That just seems to be where the problems began - the pain, the operation, the recovery. All that is behind me, but I'm just not rolling like I was.

I keep starting and stopping a 90 day program. Each week I begin with "I'm going to do better this week."  I've lost a lot of dearly gained ground in my health battle.

I don't want to give up, don't want to quit. If I never make a penny as a coach, I want to help myself and, having helped myself, to help others with this same battle. But getting focused is a challenge I've having a hard time tackling.

This is humbling. But I don't want to continue missing important goals in my life just to keep hubris in tack.

I've never personally met most of you, but many of us have chatted and shared a good bit on here about health and what we're doing. I know I'm the only one who can "fix" me, but maybe someone out there has been this way and might offer some insights.

And maybe just getting honestly accountable is what I need to do. Still in the battle with you, just struggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment