Monday, February 18, 2013

Starting Up . . . Again

My surgery for my shoulder was back in June of '12. Now its mid February of  '13. I have put on weight constantly, and have not been successful yet in getting back into my health regimen. So here's another start date. I've got a few friends who also either need too lose weight or are willing to help me stay focused on my own health. I've been so self reliant and been the one who encouraged and helped others that I've neglected the help that friends have wanted to give me. I've got to deal with that and admit my own need for help.

In ministry among pastor's it has been referred to as the "walk on water" syndrome. The pastor has the job of being an example and helping others. He's looked up to, placed on a pedestal and expected to not have problems like other people. When the pastor begins to believe that about himself and then experiences problems, the failure of his ministry is not far off. That conflicted situation will undermine the pastors and cause him to multiply his problems, not solve them. The end result is ultimately ruin.

So the same thing can happen in the life of the individual trying to lead others toward fitness. In my case, I succeeded personally on a level that few ever attain. Then when my health and financial problems began, I just thought I would work my way out of it. I haven't. I've fallen deeper into it. I've got to have help. I can't pretend to walk on this water any longer.

I know what to do. I have the resources to reach  my goals. It is time to get on with it and reach them. But I'm enlisting help this time. I will let my friends who have said they will encourage me do that. I'll own up to my weaknesses and tackle them. I'll start building the discipline that I have let fall by the wayside. So today, yes, once again. today, I start. And I won't start the journey alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment